Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things I must make note of before I forget...

Bonsoir!


I just have to write this stuff down so I don't forget!


-- I think it's highly amusing that in chic Paris there are stores devoted entirely to frozen food.  The brand name is "Picard" and they have their own stores that sell a variety of frozen dinners, appetizers, desserts...and it's considered gourmet cuisine!  It just feels bizarre to walk into a three-aisle store lined with freezers...apparently this still measures up to French standards.
-- Simple math: Parisian dogs > other dogs b/c dogs in Paris = people.  Remember those scenes from 101 Dalmatians where the dogs take on the personas of their owners?  Yea, that is Paris.  From their clothing to their attitudes - dogs are always a spectacle and regularly welcomed into stores, the metro, and anywhere else people can go (which essentially means, anywhere).  And no one uses leashes.  It's amazing how well behaved everybody is!
-- PDA is accepted anywhere at anytime, and at any degree of steaminess.  It's shocking to witness at first, but I guess this is just standard fare.  (If you've seen "Paris, je t'aime" and you remember the metro scene, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about...just picture that anywhere...) 
-- I can't help but smile when random people get into my metro car in the morning and begin playing their various musical instruments.  And, stereotypically, I love the accordionists.  It makes me feel like I have my own little soundtrack for my romantic journey through the city (this is charming until they walk around and stick a cup under your nose looking for a donation...).  Other than the slight lack of respectability in this profession, I get all giddy inside when people put on a show in the metro.  (Another one of my favorites is at the stop Concorde...this rowdy French-countryside-meets-folk-mariachi band is really very good - they even sell cds!)
-- I made a friend - his name is Diego and he is from South America (Brazil to be exact).  We are doing chamber music together with Mme de Buchy... I just think it's worth pointing out that I know someone named Diego. (lol)



That's all for now!  Au revoir!


-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment